The online Three-year Degree Course in Sport Sciences aims to provide students with knowledge and skills suitable for managing and evaluating individual and group activities of a compensatory, adapted, educational, recreational and playful nature.
This course includes a first academic year aimed at the acquisition of anatomical, biochemical and physiological knowledge in order to understand how basically the human body in motion works.
The second academic year is, instead, focused on the teaching of motor and sports activities, as well as the knowledge of sport sciences and its connections with health.
The activities of the third academic year are aimed at the knowledge of theoretical and practical aspects of training and the functional and nutritional assessment of the athlete and the subject trained, or of the motor and sport activities in free time, the environmental quality and safety in sports facilities, of orthopedics and traumatology of sport and movement, and all the legal and economic foundations of the structure and sports organizations.
It is believed that a graduate must basically be trained with strong competences in the field of assessment, managing and administration of physical activity resides concerning biological, medical and psycho-pedagogical skills.
It is also believed that medical-clinical skills, while representing an important part of the cultural baggage of the graduate in physical education, should not however misrepresent the nature of the professional figure that does not have diagnostic-prescriptive skills but rather a physical and aptitude and planning and administration of the appropriate quantity, intensity and duration of the physical-motor activity load for the purpose of maintaining and improving human health.
The course was structured to make the graduate independent as far as concerns the application of training techniques that take into account different features of the subject: from biomedical to psycho-pedagogical and communication ones.
In order to achieve these results, being provided with solid biomedical skills and other skills related to different areas (whose weight is obviously linked to the interfaculty setting of the degree course), it is believed of fundamental importance to hold a solid base of technical training subjects in order to strongly characterize the graduate as well as a technician who is able to evaluate, plan, prescribe and manage the most suitable physical exercise for the subject.
This perspective has led to the current set-up that is thus balanced between the M-EDF and biomedical and medical-clinical sectors, through a study course aimed at the training of an expert professional in the fields of maintenance and improving of human health.
Graduates will achieve skills related to the understanding and management of educational activities of adaptive, recreational or sports nature, addressing them in the development, maintenance and recovery of motor skills and the psychophysical well-being related to them, also with the function of prevention:
- will be able to effectively use, both in written and oral form, at least one language of the European Union, in addition to Italian, in the specific area of ??competence and for the exchange of general information;
- will achieve adequate skills and tools for communication and information;
- will be able to work in a group, to work independently and to quickly enter in the workplace.
For the purposes stated, the curriculum of this degree course:
- includes lessons and activities from the biomedical, psycho-pedagogical and organizational fields both in their basic aspects and through disciplines set in relation to the specific objectives of the course;
- is further characterized by the teachings directly related to motor and sports activities;
- provides, in relation to specific objectives, the in-depth study of some courses and activities stated, and internships at sports facilities and organizations, companies, public administration structures and laboratories, as well as study stays at other Italian and foreign universities, also in the framework of international agreements.
The University has signed agreements with associations and companies for physical exercises and practical technical activities. Relations with CONI are in progress for developing traineeships and internships. In addition, the University has signed an agreement with affiliated institutions for research and activities in the medical-scientific areas with a leading medical-scientific-hospital and research group such as NEUROMED. The agreements have been signed in order to support the university in the activities related to highly specialized laboratories, IT and technological systems, personalized study places, traineeships and internships.
Bio health Specialisation
The objective is to train professionals with an adequate mastery of general and specific methods and contents, able to understand and manage technological innovation, by adapting to the scientific and methodological evolution related to the wide field of motor activities, potentially performed by subjects belonging to different age groups and with particular physio pathological conditions.
The main career opportunities provided by the degree courses consist of professional activities in the motor and sports field, both in public and private structures, in sports organizations and social associations, with particular reference to:
- management and evaluation of individual and group motor activities of a compensatory, adaptive, educational, recreational and sports nature aimed at maintaining psycho-physical well-being through the promotion of active lifestyles;
- management and evaluation of individual and group fitness activities.
The course trains you for the profession of:
- Instructors of non-competitive sports;
- Organizers of events and sports facilities;
- Sports observers;
- Coaches and sports technicians.
Bio sanitary address
Graduates in Sports sciences who have chosen the bio sanitary address will be able to enter the job market with the following professional profiles:
- operators in education for the prevention of conditions that constitute health risks, such as sedentary lifestyle, overweight, obesity;
- organizers of physical, sports and leisure activities, in the various age groups (young, adult, elder);
- trainers expert in planning and managing personalized training programs;
- technical-sports educators for activities aimed at achieving and maintaining physical and psychophysical efficiency;
- technical-sports educators in the management of motor and sports activities reinforced and enhanced by the use of specific equipment (fitness - wellness);
- personal trainer, group trainer;
- operators in sports communication and information management;
- consultants of companies and sports organizations, managers, managers of gyms and public and private sports centers;
- consultants for facilities and sport facilities in the area.
Knowledge and skills required for enrolment
To be admitted to the Degree Course you must hold a high school diploma or other qualification awarded abroad, officially recognized. It is also required 12 years of schooling with a basic knowledge acquired through secondary education level.
The verification of the basic knowledge will be verified according to the methods stated in the Academic Regulations of the course.