The Online Master's Degree Course in Economics aims to enable students to acquire advanced knowledge in the field of economic theory and its applications, with particular regard to topics such as production and employment levels, income distribution, determination of prices, objectives and strategies of public intervention in Economics, as well as the analysis of economic policies in Italy and in Europe. In addition to the development and the deepening of the competences regarding economic issues, this course also provides mathematical and statistical-econometric tools that meet the needs of both the theoretical economic analysis and applied and empirical processing. This course trains professional figures connected to the field of analysis, research and documentation activities in public institutions such as central banks, research and statistic agencies, public administrations, trade associations (industrial associations, trade unions), credit institutions, medium and large companies, consulting firms, administrative and coordination activities in the categories of aforementioned subjects.
You can work as:
- Public Administration Management and Control specialist;
- Management and control specialist in private companies;
- Staff problems specialist and work organization issues;
- Market relations specialist;
- Specialist in economic sciences;
- Researcher, technical graduate and assimilated.
The Master’s Degree in Economics aims to train Economists with a solid preparation in line with the highest European and international standards, mainly through the completion of the preparation acquired in the degrees in Economic Sciences. Such educational objective is pursued through a set of approaches that involve:
- the deepening of the central core of economic theory and quantitative analysis techniques;
- the development of skills in research fields that show the application possibilities of the tools acquired;
- the development of analytical interests towards the historical and institutional dimension of economic systems;
- the creative use of economic methods and quantitative techniques specific to the various application sectors for the solution of economic and social problems.
The Master's degree course is built around a common core of economic, mathematical –statistics, juridical-corporate teachings.
Under this perspective, it is then possible to deepen specific issues such as labour economics, industrial economics, international economics, monetary and financial economics, public economics, resource economics and development, methodology of economic analysis, economic policy and economic history.
The program focuses on the importance to provide an education that fosters the research method and leads to a high mastery of quantitative tools within a multidisciplinary context.
The main purpose of this course, in line with the educational objectives, is to provide students with the competences required to concretely operate in several fields, by combining economic knowledge with business, mathematical-statistics and juridical knowledge.
A fundamental element of the project is the interaction between the educational objectives and the job market, with the aim of providing suitable theoretical and practical knowledge that can offer students different job opportunities, both in public and private economic sectors, in the national organisation's offices, in national and international research institutions, in public administration and in the context of free professions of economic nature. The conclusion of the course foresees the drafting of a thesis, in a disciplinary field chosen by the student, under the supervision of the professor responsible of the chosen discipline.
Graduates in such economic fields can work in any professional context where they can use the acquired analytical skills. More precisely in:
- management activities;
- business consulting services;
- activities in the field of business economic analysis of enterprise and national and international markets.
- Researchers in the field of public institutions and private business enterprises
Moreover, the competences acquired are a fundamental instrument for those who wish to carry out business and management companies, both private and public.
Knowledge and skills required for enrolment
Students who intend to enrol in the Master’s Degree in Economics must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following study areas:
- (MD 270/2004): L-33 Economics or L-18 Economic and Business management Sciences;
- (MD 509/99): 28_ Economics or 17 Economic Sciences or Business Management
or students who hold study qualification awarded abroad and officially recognised in Italy or a 4-year Master’s degree related to the old academic system previous the MD 270/2004 (provided that the students hold the access requirements of a minimum number of 60 ECTS totalled, in addition to the ones previously achieved, in each of the following study areas: economic, business and juridical area.